Why am I doing this? I am testing the waters to see how I might transition my successful Business Analyst and Project Management skills from working in The Corporate World to something more personal and impactful on the homesteading and urban/suburban permaculture fronts.
What's In It For You?
- Comprehensive survey to describe your project, your wanna be project, your ideas and dreams, or the nebulous stuff floating around that you need help defining (this is not part of the 4 hours, and must be completed ahead of the consultation - there are no grades, you don't have to answer all of the questions, you can add your own questions)
- 2 sessions broken down as follows
- 2 hour webex session to define the project(s), prioritize elements, and homework
- 2 hour webex session to review homework, set up a task list and a budget
- Written response to your survey and homework, and write up of your task list and budget
- Project can be about anything you would like, from homesteading, to prepping, to healthy living, to permaculture, to long distance relocation, or whatever it is that you wanted to do, but didn't really know how to start.
- 2 hour voice session to review me, the consultation package, and what you thought of the process, and any other comments you have
- Information to assist me with determining if this is the right path for me
- You and I commit to six hours of discussion, broken into 2 hour meetings, to be completed within 3 months of the first meeting
- You commit to completing the survey as it applies to you prior to the first meeting
- You commit to finishing the written homework, which may take a few hours to several hours, depending on the project, and commit to completing it before the second meeting
- I will review the homework, and provide written feedback on your thoughts and ideas prior to the third meeting
- You will commit to providing me oral feedback on the process and techniques used during the consultation process (recorded if you consent).
- The whole process to be completed before June 2016
- If you are selected, you allow me to publish the contents of your winning entry (without identifying information)
- You will be responsible for determining if the product of this consultation is appropriate for your situation; I will hold no responsibility for the use of the product of this consultation, or the implementation of all or any part of the recommendations or actions that stem from this consultation
- All consultation elements will be conducted in English. Your English does not have to be awesome; however, I need to be able to understand you. Accommodations for audio and/or visually impaired may be provided.
- Like my FaceBook Page
- Send me an email to Karla.Upton@yahoo.com in which you write why you need this service
- 500 words or less
- I'm not going to hold grammar or spelling against you, but I have to be able to figure out what you mean
- The project or ideas for the project can be about anything you choose
- My selection decision will be solely based on my opinion that
- The project is moral and somehow improves your world or the world at large
- You have passion and are likely to follow through with the project, even if you find every single thing that I provide to you to be worthless
- You would actually talk with me for six whole hours
- Selection will be made by November 1st, 2015.
Please contact me for more information about this
or any other Permaculture and Preparedness topic.